Select high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors high school students interested in making a significant contribution to their community are invited to apply for our 2014-15 Youth Board. The Youth Board is a terrific community service and leadership opportunity for teenagers. Applications are being accepted through June 4, 2014.
Our Youth Board members:
- Interview with the Youth Board Advisor
- Volunteer for 20 hours at REFRESH (at least 12 of the 20 hours must be completed during the summer of 2014)
- Submit a written community service project plan
- Coordinate and implement his/her community service project during the 2014-15 school year. Some community service project ideas are:
- Organizing a fundraiser; or
- Coordinating a clothing drive; or
- Coordinating a REFRESH event, such as a fashion show or clothing swap, to bring more shoppers into the store; or
- Organizing a drive (for toys or other items) to give away to foster children or foster parents at one of our Training Extravaganza events; or
- Volunteering once a month at REFRESH during the school year.
For more information, contact Shelley Thomas-Benke at 800.FOSTER.3 (314.367.8373).