The Coalition CareLine is here to quickly help foster, adoptive, and guardianship families connect to services. For a callback within 48 business hours, fill out the CareLine form or call 800.FOSTER.3. We're here to help.
For a callback within 48 business hours, fill out the CareLine form or call 800.FOSTER.3. We’re here to help. Know that we are here to support you during this crisis – no need is too small.
You are on the front line all day, every day, as you care for children during uncharted times. Many families have already experienced profound changes.
Please use our Coalition CareLine to receive a call from one of our staff within 48 business hours.
Assistance includes but is not limited to:
- Coaching through behavioral crises
- Accessing Community Resources
- Virtual Check-Ins
- Virtual Support Groups
- Support accessing Telehealth
- Accessing your child(ren)’s medication/connecting you to pharmacy delivery
- Governmental Assistance Support
- Connection to material supports/resources
- Financial Resources
- Mental Health Resources
- Education Resources
- Food Resources
If you cannot complete the online form, leave a message on our office voicemail at 314-367-8373. We check voicemail throughout the day and will get back to you as soon as possible.
Receiving help is never a sign of weakness. Please let us be there for you so you can be there for your family. Every ask will remain confidential.
What are people calling for?
- I need help with my children to complete online learning, and I am working from home; we only have one laptop.
- My children have a behavioral crisis, and I need a support group and coaching.
- My children require medications. Can you help me get this delivered to my home?
- I am running low on diapers and can’t get to the store. Can you help?
Coalition CareLine Story (Educational Advocacy Support)
A foster parent has four children and only has her laptop to share with the entire household. Trying to work, maintain the household, and educate her children completely overwhelmed her. After receiving the email about the Coalition CareLine, she immediately called to see if there was a way to help.
Our educational advocates sprang into action, sending emails and calling the children’s school to get a laptop or two in the home.