Do you know a foster child who is likely to receive nothing or almost nothing for his/her birthday? The Coalition has a resource that can help – the Birthday Buddy program!
Through this program, generous individuals in the St. Louis community offer to become a Birthday Buddy and purchase birthday gifts for a child in foster care. Foster parents/case managers must complete a Birthday Buddy application, providing the Coalition with general information about the child and birthday present ideas, which will be posted on our website. If a child is matched with a donating Birthday Buddy, the foster parent/case manager must pick up the birthday presents at our Birthday Buddy Co-Coordinator’s home in Kirkwood, Missouri or Bethalto, Illinois.
For more information, please contact Shelley Thomas-Benke by phone at 800.FOSTER.3 (314.367.8373) x2229.
For a foster parent/case manager to enroll his/her foster child in the “Birthday Buddy” program:
- The foster parent/case manager must complete and submit the below application.
- The child MUST currently be in foster care (not adopted or guardianship).
- The foster child must be likely to receive nothing or almost nothing for his/her birthday.
- Applications must be submitted at lease one month prior to the child’s birthday.
- Applications must be submitted no more than four months before the child’s birthday.
If you prefer, you may download and print the Birthday Buddy Application and fax it to 314.241.0715 or mail it to the Foster & Adoptive Care Coalition, Attn: Birthday Buddies, 1750 S. Brentwood Blvd., Ste. 210, St. Louis, MO 63144.