Little Wishes is a heartfelt initiative within Family Enrichment, offering children impacted by foster care opportunities for joy, growth, and cherished memories. Through a range of experiences and material gifts, such as summer camp funds, amusement park passes, sports lessons, music classes, bikes, and birthday celebrations, Little Wishes fosters a sense of normalcy and happiness in their lives. It’s about providing our children with the chance to thrive amidst challenging circumstances, creating moments they’ll treasure forever.
Does Your Child Need a Little Wish?
Parents – click the button below to submit a referral.
Grant a Little Wish
Note: if no Little Wishes appear above, then all of them are granted at this time. Consider making a donation to grant a child’s big wish – a forever family – instead!
Little Wishes Requirements
Please consider the following criteria BEFORE completing and submitting a Little Wishes Referral Form.
- Child must be at least 5 years old.
- Child must currently be in foster care.
- One wish per year, per child.
A Little Wish must
- Help the child develop or enhance a skill (for example, dance lessons, bicycle, basketball hoop).
- Help the child sustain the bond between biological siblings living in separate foster homes (for example, sibling visit to Chuck E. Cheese or Dave and Busters).
- Provide the child with an opportunity to attend a St. Louis attraction or event, a camp or trip (for example, Cardinals game, summer camp, senior trip).
- Allow the child to gather with family and friends to celebrate a special day (for example, a special birthday party, prom expenses, graduation fees).
- Help cultivate the child’s sense of belonging in their foster home (for example, a room makeover).
- Dollar limit: $250 out of pocket per wish. (Referring source should use discretion on any wishes that may exceed this amount. The referring source should not share dollar amount with child).
- Foster family/case workers/adoption recruiter/CASA/GAL are responsible for identifying and securing transportation necessary for fulfillment of wish.
- Area limited to greater metro St. Louis area – Travel outside this area off limits.
- Camps are determined on a case-by-case basis.
- The time frame for wishes should be reasonable and finite (8 weeks of classes, not one year)
- No electronic devices such as tablets, phones, laptops, or computers.
- No toys.
- No video games.
- No pets.
- No gun training, paintball lessons, fencing, shooting, or weaponry of any kind.
- No clothing wishes are fulfilled unless supported by experience or self-esteem context.
Protocol for change of wish
Any time a wish needs to be changed, a new application nulls and voids the previous submission. The referring source can withdraw a wish at any time. Wish fulfillment is first come, first served, and Little Wishes will make every attempt to fulfill them in a timely manner. Some wishes may be fulfilled first if there is a seasonal deadline (for example, Cardinals games, Six Flags visit, etc.)
Please fill this form out completely to request a Little Wish. Be sure to click “Submit” when you are finished. Children currently in foster care, ages 5 and older, are eligible to receive one wish per year.
Submitting a request does NOT guarantee fulfillment of the request. Little Wishes are granted ONLY when donations are received from the community, generally within 30-45 days of the request. You will be notified once the funds are available and the request is able to be fulfilled.
The Foster & Adoptive Care Coalition does not make reimbursements to individuals. All checks will be made payable directly to the vendor.
By submitting this referral and providing your electronic signature, you indicate that you agree to the terms and conditions of the Little Wishes program.
Little Wishes Referral