The Foster & Adoptive Care Coalition, an agency that strives to create permanency in every foster child’s life by recruiting and supporting foster and adoptive families, is searching for a person whose passion is advocating for children’s educational needs. Our Educational Advocates provide educational support and advocacy to foster and adoptive children and families, while aligning child-welfare professionals and school staff to the unique needs of each child.
The Coalition hires individuals:
- Passionate about serving foster/adopted youth and families
- Confident enough to work independently, while knowing when to reach out for help
- With the highest level of integrity when working both in the office and in the field
- Hold a Master’s degree in Special Education or related field
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of youth and families—early morning and late afternoon school meetings are customary
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of educational law and policy and how to use it to advocate for individual students
- Have at least 5 years experience navigating the education system—Special Education involvement is ideal
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to support movement toward educational goal achievement
- Exhibit an excellent knowledge of community services that support foster/adopt families
Send your resume and cover letter to Nickie Steinhoff at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a well-written, thoughtful cover letter stating your passion and qualification for serving our population will not be considered. Please click here for a more detailed Job Description. The Foster & Adoptive Care Coalition is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
What it is Like to Work Here
- We have nationally-recognized programs with superior outcomes
- Our program, development, and management staff are highly integrated
- Design, communications, outcomes, and IT staff are readily available for support
- However, there is no direct administrative staff at the agency
- The board and executive director are highly engaged in fundraising
- The development team shares responsibility for grants, reporting, special events, and other duties
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Statement
The Foster and Adoptive Care Coalition has a strong and steadfast commitment to ensuring that diversity and inclusion are integrated into the policies, procedures and practices used to carry out our mission. This commitment extends throughout the Coalition workforce, board of directors, clients, volunteers, and other stakeholders.
At the Coalition, diversity is a broad concept that encompasses all the differences that employees bring to work. Diversity, therefore, includes the traditional focus around race and gender, but also includes diversity of thought, ideas, backgrounds, and experiences. Inclusion, one of the Coalition’s core values, is the leveraging and engagement of every employee’s unique strengths and talents so that each individual can contribute to his or her full potential. Diversity coupled with inclusion is a long-term business strategy that will help fuel the innovative outcomes and continual improvement necessary for our future success.
EQUITY – Equity is about ensuring fairness and respect. It means employees feel supported, valued, trusted and able to achieve their personal best, and it means that all stakeholders are treated equally. Equity encompasses legal obligations and requirements for non-discrimination, civil rights, reasonable accommodations and equal employment opportunity.
DIVERSITY – At the Coalition, diversity is a broad concept that encompasses all the differences that employees bring to work. Diversity, therefore, includes the traditional focus around race and gender, but also includes diversity of thought, ideas, backgrounds and experiences.
INCLUSION – Inclusion, one of the Coalition’s core values, is the leveraging and engagement of every employee’s unique strengths and talents so that each individual can contribute to his or her full potential.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION – Diversity coupled with inclusion is a long-term business strategy that will help fuel the innovative outcomes and continual improvement necessary for future success.
Foster a diverse and inclusive workplace culture that is free from discrimination and embraces diverse strategies with integrity and fairness for all.
A diverse and inclusive agency that understands and adapts our services to the unique and ever-changing needs of foster care and adoptive community.