30 Days to Family Specialist
The Foster & Adoptive Care Coalition, an agency that strives to create permanency in every foster child’s life by recruiting and supporting foster and adoptive families, is searching for a person whose passion is advocating for relative/kin foster placement. 30 Days to Family™ is a short-term intervention to diligently search for a child’s relatives and kin to identify potential placement options and supports. In all cases, every effort is made to search for relatives and kin who will keep siblings together, maintain children in their school of origin, and preserve the child’s important relationships with friends and supportive adults.
The Coalition hires individuals:
- Passionate about serving foster/adopted youth and families
- Confident enough to work independently, while knowing when to reach out for help
- With the highest level of integrity when working both in the office and in the field
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a Social Service or Related Field
- Have at least 5 years experience navigating the Children’s Division foster care and licensing systems and the Juvenile Family Court
- Possess ability to search and engage over the phone and in person with biological family and kin
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of youth and families
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of child welfare law and policy and how to use it to advocate for individual children
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to support movement toward family placement
- Exhibit an excellent knowledge of community services that support foster families
Send your resume and cover letter to Denise Kelley at email@example.com. Applications without a well-written, thoughtful cover letter stating your passion and qualification for serving our population will not be considered. The Foster & Adoptive Care Coalition is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Technology Assistant, Part-Time
Desperately Seeking Technology Assistant, 25 hours per week (9:00-2:00, M-F). We are a rapidly-growing non-profit organization that needs help! Our Director of Information Systems is always busy answering questions like this:
- Why is my screen not turning on?
- Why can’t I find my files?
- Why can’t I print?
Please assist us by taking on the above help desk-like duties, plus others including, but not limited to:
- Running software updates (all Windows products, mostly on Microsoft Surfaces).
- Setting up computer hardware, desktop phones, and mobile phones for new employees. Must have the ability to move and set up employee workstations.
- Troubleshooting computers, printers, and various hardware.
- Calling the service provider when the copier or printers stop working.
- IT asset management tracking
- Data entry and clerical IT work.
The ideal candidate will also be able to write basic database queries and make small adjustments on our WordPress website. There are no coding responsibilities for this position.
What is required?
- A deep commitment to foster care and adoption issues. Those of us in support know that the agency’s mission is Job #1!
- A wonderful sense of customer service. Yes, you will be asked the same questions over and over. It is necessary to answer with a smile.
- A sense of humor. We do serious work around here, but laughter keeps us going.
- The maturity to work independently, while knowing when to ask for help from peers or supervisors.
- Keen attention to detail.
The position pays $20.43 per hour at 25 hours per week. The hours are 9:00 to 2:00, Monday through Friday. If you feel this position is a good fit, please write a cover letter and resume explaining why and email it to: Melanie Scheetz, Executive Director, Foster & Adoptive Care Coalition, firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without an accompanying cover letter, will not be considered.
The Foster & Adoptive Care Coalition is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
What it is Like to Work Here
- We have nationally-recognized programs with superior outcomes
- Our program, development, and management staff are highly integrated
- Design, communications, outcomes, and IT staff are readily available for support
- However, there is no direct administrative staff at the agency
- The board and executive director are highly engaged in fundraising
- The development team shares responsibility for grants, reporting, special events, and other duties
- We have a very flat organizational chart with most staff reporting to the executive director, including this position
Equity, Diversion and Inclusion (EDI) Statement
The Foster and Adoptive Care Coalition has a strong and steadfast commitment to ensuring that diversity and inclusion are integrated into the policies, procedures and practices used to carry out our mission. This commitment extends throughout the Coalition workforce, board of directors, clients, volunteers, and other stakeholders.
At the Coalition, diversity is a broad concept that encompasses all the differences that employees bring to work. Diversity, therefore, includes the traditional focus around race and gender, but also includes diversity of thought, ideas, backgrounds, and experiences. Inclusion, one of the Coalition’s core values, is the leveraging and engagement of every employee’s unique strengths and talents so that each individual can contribute to his or her full potential. Diversity coupled with inclusion is a long-term business strategy that will help fuel the innovative outcomes and continual improvement necessary for our future success.
EQUITY – Equity is about ensuring fairness and respect. It means employees feel supported, valued, trusted and able to achieve their personal best, and it means that all stakeholders are treated equally. Equity encompasses legal obligations and requirements for non-discrimination, civil rights, reasonable accommodations and equal employment opportunity.
DIVERSITY – At the Coalition, diversity is a broad concept that encompasses all the differences that employees bring to work. Diversity, therefore, includes the traditional focus around race and gender, but also includes diversity of thought, ideas, backgrounds and experiences.
INCLUSION – Inclusion, one of the Coalition’s core values, is the leveraging and engagement of every employee’s unique strengths and talents so that each individual can contribute to his or her full potential.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION – Diversity coupled with inclusion is a long-term business strategy that will help fuel the innovative outcomes and continual improvement necessary for future success.
Foster a diverse and inclusive workplace culture that is free from discrimination and embraces diverse strategies with integrity and fairness for all.
A diverse and inclusive agency that understands and adapts our services to the unique and ever-changing needs of foster care and adoptive community.