Check back soon for upcoming training opportunities.
As you know, licensed foster parents are required to complete 30 hours of in-service training per licensure period (every two years). Beginning in January 2015, the Foster & Adoptive Care Coalition will be hosting Foster/Adopt Parent Workshops. These workshops will allow you to:
- Connect with other parents to share resources
- Learn how a child’s prior experiences can impact their behaviors
- Explore ways to enhance your strengths as a parent
- Share and learn new skills to influence your child’s behaviors and attitudes
- Discover ways to reduce the stress of parenting
What Parents Have Said:
“Going through this [workshop] has really helped me to realize that the strong behaviors [my adopted son] had were not his fault, but also that they were not my fault!”
“It gives the opportunity for….real change and healing for the kids.”
All opportunities will be held at the Foster & Adoptive Care Coalition, located at 1750 S. Brentwood Blvd., Suite 260, St. Louis, MO 63144. Individuals must register to attend; please register by calling 314.367.8373 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.