Treatment Foster Care
Treatment Foster Care Training
Call the Foster & Adoptive Care Coalition for more information at 314.367.8373.
Therapeutic Foster parents would receive 32 hours of customized and distinctive training.
This patented and individualized training will equip the foster parents with techniques that will encourage and propel growth and healthy development of children! The participant will receive a certificate upon completing the TFC training.
TFC Parent Requirements:
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must be able to pass criminal and child abuse/neglect background screening
- Appropriate housing, approved by CD standards that has the space required to accommodate a child in custody
- Reside within St. Louis city, St. Louis county, St. Charles, or Jeff Co or areas
- Must be a licensed foster parent
- Able to attend and complete 32 hours of the specialized training
- Willing & open viewing the children we serve through a trauma lens
- Assure and transport children to their necessary appointments that could include but is not limited to: therapy, medical, psychiatric appointments along to extracurricular activities if deemed appropriate
- Participate as a professional member of the team in FST’s, court hearings, IEP meetings, etc
- Open to working with the child’s natural support system such as biological parents (if deemed appropriate), extended family members, and friends to cultivate and continue healthy attachments
- Being able to encourage and motivate the child towards their permanency plan which could include but is not limited adoption or guardianship
Trainings will be conducted virtually, all participants must have an electronic device that allows access to download the Zoom application.
Therapeutic Foster Care programs will ensure that each home is set up for success. Extensive supports include:
- Therapeutic foster care reimbursement rate
- A licensed therapist who only serves children in the TFC program
- 24/7 support from a real person who can help; not just take a message
- Preferred access to services offered by the Foster & Adoptive Care Coalition, including Project SOAR, Educational Advocacy, and STEPS?
If you are ready to make a difference in a child’s life, please contact the Foster & Adoptive Care Coalition, speak with Cisely Beard or Angela Chewe, at 314-367-8373 or by email at email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org