July 31, 2021 Deadline
Pandemic EBT Benefits (P-EBT)
Up to $1,166 for Food for Children – Deadline to Apply: July 31, 2021
All children eligible for free/reduced school meals qualify for a P-EBT card if they did not have in-seat learning for 5 or more days this school year.
Send Completed Applications
- By Email to: FSD.MOPEBT@dss.mo.gov
- By Mail to: Family Support Division, 615 E. 13th St, Kansas City, MO, 64106
Changes to P-EBT Process
- Please note, the P-EBT 2020-2021 program is very different from last year’s program.
- All families, including SNAP/Food Stamp households, must apply to get the P-EBT benefit for a child in school.
- A child may be eligible for P-EBT if the school was closed, not doing in-seat learning, or had reduced hours at least five school days in a row due to COVID-19.
- P-EBT benefits are available for the months of September 2020 through May 2021.
- The P-EBT benefit is based on the school’s report of how much of the month was not in-seat learning. If most of the school’s month was not in-seat learning, the monthly P-EBT benefit amount is $129.58. If only some of the school’s month was not in-seat learning, the monthly P-EBT benefit amount is $77.75.
- Families directly email or mail the P-EBT application to the Family Support Division by July 31, 2021.
- Each eligible student will get an EBT card in his or her name with the lump sum P-EBT benefit amount for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Ineligible families will receive a denial letter.
Reach out to the Coalition CareLine at www.foster-adopt.org/careline or 800.FOSTER.3 for help applying for a P-EBT card or to discuss if your kids qualify.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I answer the question asking how the child was certified to receive free or reduced meals?
A: (1) Mark “other” if your child attended any of the schools below:
- Ferguson-Florissant school district
- Hancock Place school district
- Jennings school district
- Normandy school district
- Ritenour school district
- Riverview Gardens school district
- St. Louis City school district
- University City school district
These schools in the Hazelwood school district: Arrowpoint elementary, East middle, Grannemann elementary, Jury elementary, Keeven elementary, Larimore elementary, Southeast middle, and Twillman elementary.
These schools in Special School District: Ackerman, Litzsinger, North County Technical, and Northview
(2) Mark “by application” if your child attended a school not listed above and you remember filling out the 2021-22 application for free/reduced school meals.
(3) Mark “other” if your child is currently in foster care and attended a school not listed above and you do not remember filling out a 2021-22 application for free/reduced school meals. You should also fill out the child’s name on the application like the example below:
What should I do if I do not have my foster child’s social security number?
Type in “unavailable”
What should I do if the foster child didn’t live with me for the entire school year?
The foster parent where the child resided at the end of the school year should apply for P-EBT for the child
What should I do if the foster child was enrolled at more than 1 school during the school year?
List each school in the field with the dates the child attended that school. See example below:
Do I have to fill out an application if I already receive food stamps (SNAP)?
Yes! You will not automatically receive the P-EBT card. You must fill out the application, for every child who is 6 years and older.
How much money will I receive?
It is based on the school’s report of how much of the month was not in-seat learning. The monthly P-EBT benefit amount is $129.58 if most of the school’s month was not in-seat learning. If only some of the school’s month was not in-seat learning, the monthly P-EBT benefit amount is $77.75.
If the school started to offer in-seat learning at some point during the school year, but you opted for the child to continue virtual learning, you will not receive P-EBT funds for those months. For example, if your child’s school only offered virtual learning from 9/20-1/11/21 and then opened up the option for children to return to in-seat learning on 1/12/21, but you chose for the child to continue virtual learning until the end of the school year in 5/21, you will receive: $129.58 x 4 months + $77.75 for January