P-EBT Benefits: Get $250+ for Food for Children

Get $250-302 for Each School-Age Child to Spend on Food

Deadline for P-EBT: July 7 (Missouri) | July 15 (Illinois)

The State of Missouri and Illinois have created P-EBT to support the unforeseen burden of buying more food when normally children may have been fed at schools. This is a one-time payment to support eligible families. Don’t let this support pass you by, please share with other foster/adoptive families that may qualify.

Missouri residents click here to apply.

Illinois residents click here to apply.

Missouri Residents

What is P-EBT?

Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT) helps cover food costs for children who qualify for free or reduced lunch at school but are not in school due to the pandemic.

Who is Eligible?

You may be able to get P-EBT benefits if you have a child or children in grades Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12 who would have received free or reduced price meals at school if schools were still open. You may also qualify based off your income. For example, if your child was not previously getting free or reduced-price meals but you have lost income, you may be able to get P-EBT benefits

Already Receiving SNAP Benefits?

If you currently receive food stamps, $302 per child will automatically be loaded onto your EBT card. Do NOT fill out the application.

How Much Will My Family Receive?

The amount of your P-EBT benefits will depend on your eligibility for those months. The maximum amount is $302 per eligible child, which includes: March – $57, April – $125, May – $120.

How Do I Apply for P-EBT?

  • Complete the online application at emergencymealsurvey.com/MO
  • OR Scan your completed and signed application, then email it to: FoodandNutritionServices@dese.mo.gov
  • OR Mail your completed application to DESE Food and Nutrition Services 205 Jefferson Street P.O. Box 480 Jefferson City, MO 65102

How Do I Get the Benefits?

P-EBT benefits are loaded to an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card. If you received Food Stamp (SNAP) benefits in March, P-EBT benefits will be automatically loaded to your EBT card. You will not need to call or apply to get P-EBT.

If you did not receive Food Stamp (SNAP) benefits in March, you will need to apply for P-EBT. If you aren’t sure if you received SNAP benefits in March, you can check the status of your benefits to find out at apps.dss.mo.gov.

Illinois Residents

Need Help Buying Food for Your School Age Children?

Apply for P-EBT SNAP Benefts. This is a special beneft that can help you buy food for your school age children 3 to 17 years old and 18 to 22 years old (in high school), who would receive National School lunch Program free or educed-priced meals when schools are in session.

Already Receiving SNAP?

If you currently receive SNAP benefts, you DO NOT need to apply for P-EBT benefts. You are automatically eligible to receive these benefts. Your additional P-EBT benefts will be loaded into your Illinois LINK EBT account along with your regular SNAP benefts.

How Much Will My Family Receive?

The State of Illinois will calculate the amount on the card as $5.70 per day multiplied by the number of days the school was closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The total amount should be approximately $250-300 for each child.

But My Family is Not Receiving SNAP Benefts

Is This Benefit Based on Household Income/Resources/Citizenship? No, the only eligibility factor is that your child(ren) attend a school that participates in the National School Lunch Program and are eligible to receive free or reduced-priced meals when they are in school. For many schools, individual students qualify for free or reduced-price eligible meals. For other schools that participate in the in the Community Eligibility Provision(CEP), all enrolled students will qualify as meals are provided at no cost to the students. If you recently applied for free or reduced-price meals, P-EBT benefts will begin the month you become eligible.

How Do I Apply for P-EBT?

These instructions are for you to follow if you are not already receiving regular SNAP benefts.

  • The most efficient way to apply is online at ABE.illinois.gov. If you apply online and include your Social Security Number (ifyou have one), it may help expedite the processing of your application for benefits; OR
  • You can also complete a paper application by going to the IDHS website at dhs.state.il.us and email to DHS.FCS.PEBT@illinois.gov; OR
  • Mail a completed paper application to: Central Scan Unit, P.O. Box 19138, Springfield, IL 62763-9138

How Do I Get My P-EBT Benefts?

You will receive a P-EBT LINK card in the mail with instructions on how to set up a PIN and use the card.

Share this post