Every Young Lady Deserves to Feel Like Cinderella at Her Prom
We are now accepting formal gown donations for 2020 Cinderella Project! Please see the below drop off locations. Looking to host a dress drive? Please contact Natasha Leonard at email@example.com.
The Cinderella Project provides prom dresses for girls in St. Louis who cannot afford to purchase a formal dress. Help by donating dresses, volunteering as a personal shopper to help teens choose the perfect dress, picking up dresses at donation locations, or volunteering as a seamstress!
We Need Your Help
- Donate Dresses – Now through February 14 — we accept all dresses, long and short, bridal, formal or informal. Drop off your dress donations at the convenient locations listed below.
- Organize a Dress Drive – Interested in organizing a dress drive? Contact Natasha Leonard at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be a Gown Courier – Pick up dress donations from our business partners — a number of businesses around the St. Louis area will be drop off locations for dresses. We will need volunteers to pick up those donations and deliver them to ReFresh. Contact Shelley Thomas-Benke at email@example.com to sign up.
- Sign up to Volunteer in Other Ways
- Go to https://signup.com/go/WoiDwfi to choose the day(s) and time(s) you’d like to volunteer for any of the positions below:
- Princess Prep – Help assess, organize, and tag all of the gowns and accessories to get ready for the big event.
- Personal Shopper – Be matched with a VIP (“very important princess”) to help her choose the perfect prom dress and accessories. A clean criminal background screening is required.
- Seamstress – Help make alterations to make sure every gown is a perfect fit. Volunteer seamstresses often take 2-3 dresses home to finish and bring them back within 1-2 weeks. A clean criminal background screening is required.
- If you want to volunteer as a Personal Shopper or Seamstress, you should sign up for your shift(s) at the SignUp link above. Next, if:
- * You ARE already in the FCSR, call Volunteer Director Shelley at 314-367-8373 no later than Friday, February 14. We do not write down or keep a record of a volunteer’s SSN or DOB, so she’ll run the background check with you right on the phone. It should only take 3-5 minutes!
- * You are NOT in the FCSR, please register no later than February 4. There is a one-time fee of $15.25 to get into the Registry, but then our agency (or any other agency that uses the FCSR) can pull your background check after that for no additional fee. Shelley must receive your “no findings” letter no later than February 14.
- Please go to this webpage to register – https://health.mo.gov/safety/fcsr/
Dress Donation Locations
- 1710 S Brentwood Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63144
West Oak Cleaners
- West Oak Cleaners: 14838 Clayton Rd, Chesterfield, MO 63017
- West Oak Cleaners: 11471 Olive Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63141
- West Oak Cleaners: 1736 Clarkson Rd, Chesterfield, MO 63017
- West Oak Cleaners: 12 Four Seasons Shopping Center, Chesterfield, MO 63017
- West Oak Cleaners: 2470 Taylor Rd, Wildwood, MO 63040
- New Balance St. Louis- Richmond Heights: 1205 S Big Bend Blvd., Richmond Heights, MO 63117
- New Balance St. Louis- Creve Coeur: 11633 Olive Blvd., Creve Coeur, MO 63141
- New Balance Fairview Heights: 6540 N. Illinois Street, Suite 104, Fairview Heights, IL 62208
- Valley Park Foster Closet: 224 Benton St, Valley Park, MO 63088 (only from 9:00-3:00 MTThF)