Every Young Lady Deserves to Feel Like Cinderella at Her Prom
The Cinderella Project provides prom dresses for girls in St. Louis who cannot afford to purchase a formal dress. Help by donating dresses, volunteering as a personal shopper to help teens choose the perfect dress, picking up dresses at donation locations, or volunteering as a seamstress!
We accept dress donations for the Cinderella Project year round at the ReFresh Boutique.
How to Get Involved
- Donate Dresses – We accept all dresses, long and short, bridal, formal or informal. Drop off your dress donations at the ReFresh boutique.
- Organize a Dress Drive – Interested in organizing a dress drive? Contact Natasha Leonard at email@example.com
- Be a Gown Courier – Pick up dress donations from our business partners — a number of businesses around the St. Louis area will be drop off locations for dresses. We will need volunteers to pick up those donations and deliver them to ReFresh. Contact Shelley Thomas-Benke at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
- Sign up to Volunteer in Other Ways
- Go to https://signup.com/go/WoiDwfi to choose the day(s) and time(s) you’d like to volunteer for any of the positions below:
- Princess Prep – Help assess, organize, and tag all of the gowns and accessories to get ready for the big event.
- Personal Shopper – Be matched with a VIP (“very important princess”) to help her choose the perfect prom dress and accessories. A clean criminal background screening is required.
- Seamstress – Help make alterations to make sure every gown is a perfect fit. Volunteer seamstresses often take 2-3 dresses home to finish and bring them back within 1-2 weeks. A clean criminal background screening is required.
- If you want to volunteer as a Personal Shopper or Seamstress, you should sign up for your shift(s) at the SignUp link above. Next, if:
- * You ARE already in the FCSR, call Volunteer Director Shelley at 314-367-8373 no later than Friday, February 14. We do not write down or keep a record of a volunteer’s SSN or DOB, so she’ll run the background check with you right on the phone. It should only take 3-5 minutes!
- * You are NOT in the FCSR, please register no later than February 4. There is a one-time fee of $15.25 to get into the Registry, but then our agency (or any other agency that uses the FCSR) can pull your background check after that for no additional fee. Shelley must receive your “no findings” letter no later than February 14.
- Please go to this webpage to register – https://health.mo.gov/safety/fcsr/